Tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukac123

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 10g tank. It use to have 2 mollies and 2 corycats not it just has 2 corycats. Would it be okay to put a betta in there? I know they can be territorial, I was thinking of keeping it in a separate section for a while to get use to the corycats before letting it have the full tank. Would that work? Would getting a baby betta be better?

Personally I have done that mix and it does work. It might just be me but you might want to look in to a larger tank. Also look at maybe adding some plants to your mix. Bettas love them and it will give all of them some hiding places.

I’ve looked into planted tanks and the problem is that I don’t really k ow a lot about them. I do have lots of fake plants I can put in there.

Research Anubias and Java Fern. Low light, low maintenence plants. No special skills or equipment needed.

When I get more money I’ll look into a planted tank. I just started a saltwater talk so I’m running low on money I just want a betta for my 10g so it’s not just corycats. If I put more decor in there to provide more hiding places and get a baby betta will he be fine with the corycats?

Think the Betta will be fine. Don't go too little. But I'd worry about your catfish before the Betta. And careful with plastic plants. Betta's tails are thin. 1 sharp spot on those plastic plants will catch it. And the catfish are already in there so the Betta might do ok. Hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom