Tank mate's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering, would guppies be good fish with tetra's?
And how hard are they to keep? Im may get some for a extra ten gallon I have.

I can't really say, as I have never kept Guppies. From what I have seen they probably don't move fast enough to compete with tetras for food especially if they are of the fancy variety, the tetras will then of course nip and eat their fins.

I've kept guppies with all sorts of tetras, the only tetras that harrassed my guppies were the serpae tetras.

Guppies and most tetras go fine my list of mixed are Fancy guppies + : neon tetras, cardnials, skirted, blueberry and glowlite

IME, some of the "nippier" species of tetras are bleeding hearts, red/blue columbian, serpae, red eye, and occasionally skirted (black or white skirt)- although JC's experience seems to be different there. Those are the species that I would avoid with guppies or bettas, due to the long flowing fins. Also, bettas and guppies should never be kept together, I know you didn't ask about that but I just wanted to throw it out there.

In a 10 gallon? Way too many fish. IMO even very small angels should not be housed in a 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom