Tank Mates For Harlequin Rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to get some Harlequin Rasbiras for my 20 gallon tank..... What other fish can I put in there with them, that's peaceful? I was thinking of Guppies, or Neon Tetras, or Otocinclus, or Angelfish, or Shrimp, or Australian Rainbow Fish... What are some fish that I can put in with them???

Sent From Aquarium Advice Mobile App

I want to get some Harlequin Rasbiras for my 20 gallon tank..... What other fish can I put in there with them, that's peaceful? I was thinking of Guppies, or Neon Tetras, or Otocinclus, or Angelfish, or Shrimp, or Australian Rainbow Fish... What are some fish that I can put in with them???

6 Harlequins
3 Male Guppies
1 Angel
5 Cories

Emerald76

I have 5 harlequins
1 male guppy
100000000000 red cherry shrimp
6 ghost shrimp

I might be exaggerating on the cherry shrimp, it seems like there are more every day and I can't count them all.

They're in a 29 tall, the guppy thinks he is a rasbora too.

Sent from my iPhone

Do the rasboras mess with the shrimp

Yes, how do you think the rcs would do with rams and angels- how big are they?

Emerald76

Do the rasboras mess with the shrimp

No, my rasborras are well fed and lazy. They also stay to the mid-top parts of my tank.

Yes, how do you think the rcs would do with rams and angels- how big are they?

Emerald76

They're pretty small, maybe 1/2 inch when full grown. I don't think they would do well with Angels because they are small and easy to see since they are red. I only have Amano shrimp with my angels and I didn't have good luck with my rams. They were too sickly to hunt any thing when I had them.

Sent from my iPhone

Dang it I really like rcs. What about getting a big colony started before putting in any angels?

Emerald76

You could always try. But you have to be okay with the potential that the Angels will snack. If you want to give them a fighting chance I wouldn't do more than one angel, and unless you plan to breed the Angels I would also consider getting only one angel any way. And if you DO plan to breed, you won't be able to have the shrimp with them in an angel breeding tank any way.

Sent from my iPhone

Nope I was planning just one for fun :). So you think not, even heavily planted?

Emerald76

They breed like crazy... So I'm not sure. Heavily planted would give them a better chance... You could always start a big cony in a 10g and then try some in the other tank with an angel, and treat them like live food. If you have the ones in the 10g you can just keep replacing the ones that get eating.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom