Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tank Mates/ Stocking Advice

So I have been holding off setting this tank up for a while now until I cleaned out my house and made sure I had the space for it. Now that I do I would love for some advice on how to stock it.

Its a 30 gallon tank. Now I have a 10 gallon already with Neons, and a few guppies that I would like to migrate into this bigger tank. Sand substrate and cardinal plant will probably also be making the move.

A 30 gallon tank with 6 tiny fish in isn't very pretty, so what else can I throw in there with them? I'm a fan of small fish/big tank, so anything that doesn't get too big is a plus.

And, any thoughts on Rams or Gouramis as tank mates?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

A pair of Bolivian or German Rams, or a single dwarf gourami as a centerpiece. How many neons do you have currently? Neons love to be in schools of at least 6 and the more the better.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsonja4 View Post
A pair of Bolivian or German Rams, or a single dwarf gourami as a centerpiece. How many neons do you have currently? Neons love to be in schools of at least 6 and the more the better.

I have a school of 6 neons and 3 guppies.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

How about a harem of honey gourami, one male and a few females. They are pretty and peaceful.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 06-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #5

Honey Gourami are really pretty. What would be a good male to female ratio?
Old 06-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space View Post
Honey Gourami are really pretty. What would be a good male to female ratio?

Only one male or they will fight. At least 2 females so that the one is not pestered all the time, 3 females if you have the room. They like plants and/or a hollow log to hide and floating plants also. The male will build a bubble nest in the floating plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
advice, ate, mate, stock, stocking, tan, tank, tank mates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com