Tank Mates/ Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Space

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have been holding off setting this tank up for a while now until I cleaned out my house and made sure I had the space for it. Now that I do I would love for some advice on how to stock it.

Its a 30 gallon tank. Now I have a 10 gallon already with Neons, and a few guppies that I would like to migrate into this bigger tank. Sand substrate and cardinal plant will probably also be making the move.

A 30 gallon tank with 6 tiny fish in isn't very pretty, so what else can I throw in there with them? I'm a fan of small fish/big tank, so anything that doesn't get too big is a plus.

And, any thoughts on Rams or Gouramis as tank mates?

A pair of Bolivian or German Rams, or a single dwarf gourami as a centerpiece. How many neons do you have currently? Neons love to be in schools of at least 6 and the more the better.

A pair of Bolivian or German Rams, or a single dwarf gourami as a centerpiece. How many neons do you have currently? Neons love to be in schools of at least 6 and the more the better.

I have a school of 6 neons and 3 guppies.

How about a harem of honey gourami, one male and a few females. They are pretty and peaceful.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Honey Gourami are really pretty. What would be a good male to female ratio?

Honey Gourami are really pretty. What would be a good male to female ratio?

Only one male or they will fight. At least 2 females so that the one is not pestered all the time, 3 females if you have the room. They like plants and/or a hollow log to hide and floating plants also. The male will build a bubble nest in the floating plants.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom