Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank placement.

I currently have my 20 gallon in my brothers room since there isn't room in my bedroom. I want to have it in here. I am in my room a lot, and I feel like I don't give that tank enough attention for some reason. My TV is currently on top of my dresser. I want to move it (if I can find a little stand for it) and put the 20 in its place. Will the constant opening of drawers on the dresser make it a bad place to put the tank?

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a 29 gallon on my dresser in my bedroom. It's an old beatup dresser, but to test it's support ability, I sat my 300 pound butt on it with minimal creaking and no shifting. So far so good.

The fish don't seem to be bothered when I open and close my drawers, but I don't slam them either. It creates a minor shift in the water, but they don't pay much attention to it.

The only time I even scare the fish is if I accidentally hit the tank when I open my closet door. I've done that once or twice and it scares the poo out of my fish.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah my door hits into the edge of my dresser but I am going to put one of those pads on the edge of it now and be more careful. I found a stand for my TV. It'll probably snap since it's made out of plastic lol, but I am getting a new TV for my birthday on July 12...so, oops. Hehe.
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com