Tank Rituals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarist15

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, ive decided to list my tank rituals here so that i could get suggestions on improvement and also help others.

1. Feed fish twice a day with tetramin flakes and granules
2. PWC every 5 days (keeps my water at very good condition)
3. Vacuum gravel, clean glass, parts, hood every 2 weeks
4. Check water conditions once a week
5. Always have at least 5 gallons of treated water on hand, any time
6. Change Betta water every 3 days
I think that's everything?

Also, I recently tried PRIME as my conditioner. Hope you guys were right!

Pretty much what I do too, except on my goldie tank, which is way overstocked, I do pwc's on that every 3 days.

good plan!

i do water changes every sunday and test my water conditions then and once during the middle of the week (it helps determine what ferts i need for the plants)

keep it up!

ps prime is excellent!

Sounds like a good plan. Also, instead of doing a full gravel vac every 2 weeks, could do a partial gravel vac every time you do a PWC. I do half my tank one week and the other half the next week. But then again, I'm over stocked as well til I get the fish moved to the 55G which I set up today. Been doing PWC's and partial gravel vacs every 3-4 days myself. Once I've completed the move, won't have to do pwc's as often.

I'll do some stirring as well with my pfs. Maybe not as much, since my eels and dojo's love burrowing in substrate. :)

Sounds like a plan to me. I change 50% every Sunday. Clean filters once a month. Change one DIY CO2 bottles every Monday. Clean algae off the glass just about everyday. I test my planted tank almost everyday and dose as needed.

I haven't seen any algae on my glass since I put in the CAE's. They do a pretty good job. Did have a slight green water problem, but less time with lights on and Algae Destroyer for fish and planted tanks did the trick. Haven't cleaned my glass in 4 months now. :)

When I got my CAE's, they were an inch long, and do a bang-up job. They are about an inch and a half now, and 1 is close to 2 inches. But they do an awsome job when small.

Back
Top Bottom