tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
im just wonderin what size your tanks are i have my 15g some days i feel its big other days to small i wanted a 20g but it was outside the budget

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

55 is a lot of work for me but if I could afford it right now I'd double the size cuz big tanks rock.

I also have a 55g fw and would upgrade to 225 300g if I had the money and space

45 and a 10. And I'm buying another 10 for my little sister this week, and probably taking her betta tank with me when I bring over that one. Soon we will also be getting either a 75 or 100 gallon tank. I'll be taking over that : ), fiancee is awesome for giving it up for me growing habit, and he will be takin over the 45 for a SW tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I've onl;y got 3 tanks right now and if I had it to do over again I'd have at least a 100 gallon plus in my collection. Too bad my house is too small. Even worse we just bought it, so no upgrades for me for a while. lol

Good Luck and welcome!

I have 2 20 gallon tanks with mollies, and then two 5gallon with goldfish. I would love the space for a 50gallon! but I have my hand full right now with all the learning experience and upkeep of these tanks. :)

I have 2 20 gallon tanks with mollies, and then two 5gallon with goldfish. I would love the space for a 50gallon! but I have my hand full right now with all the learning experience and upkeep of these tanks. :)

Not to rain on your parade, but you do know goldfish belong in much larger tanks?

I have a 55g cycling for freshwater (a lot of money to decorate, otherwise so far so good), a 29g fw goldfish (easy to clean, easy to run), and a 10g QT that I break down in between use.

My son has 1 fancy goldfish in his 5 gallon tank, and my eldest daughter has 2 feeder goldfish in hers.... each feeder is about 1.5" long, and the facy one is about 2.5 inches long... they have had them for over a year almost 2..... why is this not alright??

My son has 1 fancy goldfish in his 5 gallon tank, and my eldest daughter has 2 feeder goldfish in hers.... each feeder is about 1.5" long, and the facy one is about 2.5 inches long... they have had them for over a year almost 2..... why is this not alright??

Goldfish get humongous, seriously. Their growth is being stunted in a 5 gallon. Also, they are way too dirty and messy.
We're talking like, 55g minimum (preferably 75+) with strong filtration, IMO.

3 55 gal, 2 35 gal, 20 gal, 6 10 gal, 5gal and a 3 gal.

I do alot of breeding.

Goldfish produce alot of waste which is another reason small tanks are not good, as ammonia levels can raise rather quickly in them.

I am new to keeping fish but as of right now I have a 15 gal. and just had a 55 gal. given to me by my sis in-law...it isnt set up yet cuz im scared to death of killing my babies!!! I just got the water right in my 15 and evthing is going well but i gotta do it soon cuz my shubunkin needs more room..ahhhhh!!

Back
Top Bottom