Tank size ID by photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
The spouse and my middle daughter made the first trip to my ex's house to start going thru his things. Apparently he didn't get rid of anything, including the 3 tanks I had set up for my kids while they still lived there. I know there's an Eclipse 6 and a 10g; I'm hoping for help figuring out the third.

Here's a pic of the tank when it was running:

img_3289405_0_753e16c2dad9438cb51e2d37c2a62e0d.png

And the tank now:

img_3289405_1_7a09ec3420658a9e7e6248d56c0e07db.png

I honestly can't remember...looking at the pics my first thought was 20h but now I'm not sure. Any ideas?

The only point of reference I see are the video games (hee-hee) in the first pic.
The length to height ratio is 1.425 based on my measurements. The length to height ratio of a standard 20H is 1.5.
I'd say yes to a 20H.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The only point of reference I see are the video games (hee-hee) in the first pic.
The length to height ratio is 1.425 based on my measurements. The length to height ratio of a standard 20H is 1.5.
I'd say yes to a 20H.

My oldest son and I were trying to guesstimate based on size of the game guides :lol:

I agree with fresh

Thanks to you both, no idea why I started second guessing myself...

I just bought that same exact tank and light last Thursday. IT is a 20 gal high. I have been looking to upgrade my 10 gal tank to a 20 and was going to go to Petco for the dollar a gallon sale. Hubby and I stopped on impulse at our favorite thrift store that supports an animal shelter. It turned out to be their one year anniversary and to celebrate ,everthing in the store was 70% off. There in the corner of the pet section was that tank with the light for $10.00. After the 70% off it came to a grand total of $3.00. Brought it home and filled it up, No leaks, Plugged in the light which works and has a plant grow light bulb. We will be setting it up today as we ordered a glass top from amazon which came yesterday. Lucky my Male ABN will be getting a new bigger home . Yea Alison

I just bought that same exact tank and light last Thursday. IT is a 20 gal high. I have been looking to upgrade my 10 gal tank to a 20 and was going to go to Petco for the dollar a gallon sale. Hubby and I stopped on impulse at our favorite thrift store that supports an animal shelter. It turned out to be their one year anniversary and to celebrate ,everthing in the store was 70% off. There in the corner of the pet section was that tank with the light for $10.00. After the 70% off it came to a grand total of $3.00. Brought it home and filled it up, No leaks, Plugged in the light which works and has a plant grow light bulb. We will be setting it up today as we ordered a glass top from amazon which came yesterday. Lucky my Male ABN will be getting a new bigger home . Yea Alison

Wow, congrats on a great find!

Thank you, I am quite excited. However not as excited as Lucky will be when he gets in his new home. What are you going to do with the tanks. are you going to set up more? Right now my plan is to keep the ten as a spare tank. So That will give me the 20 and two ten gallon tanks which are set up and a spare 10. Alison

Thank you, I am quite excited. However not as excited as Lucky will be when he gets in his new home. What are you going to do with the tanks. are you going to set up more? Right now my plan is to keep the ten as a spare tank. So That will give me the 20 and two ten gallon tanks which are set up and a spare 10. Alison

I really don't have much space so I'm leaning towards just the 20h. I've recently been doing some rearranging of my current tanks and fish, posted about that in my tank thread.

What else will be living with Lucky?

At the moment Lucky lives with 6 neon tetras, 3 ember tetras, 1 nerite snail and a couple of ghost shrimp. My plan Is to add more neons, and maybe a school of all male cherry barbs. I have 4 in another tank with glowlight tetras. I may take those cherry barbs , and put them in the big tank and put the embers in with the glowlights. I would then add to the cherry barbs as well. If and when I ever see embers again then I will pick up some more. I had six but lost three when the heater in the tank malfunctioned . They hang with the neons. Alison:)

Back
Top Bottom