tank stocking for 29 gallon planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggbii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 29 gallon tank with 2 30g aquaclear hob filters plus a ton of plants, like a ton. I currently have 5 albino cories plus 5 otos, and 2 shrimp (i think, the rest are missing or something??).im not very sure if this will be overstocking. in addition to the 5 cories and 5 otos (plus 3 snails) i have right now, im thinking of either adding an additional

1-
5 rummy nose tetras
5 cardinal tetras
8 platys
5 khuli loaches

or

2-
5 rummy nose
5 cardinal
1 angel?
5 khuli loaches

I'm worried either plan i have will be over stocking. If not, if it is, then im thinking of just doing

3-
5 rummy nose
5 cardinal
5 khuli loaches

or

4-
8 platys
5 khuli loaches

if these 4 plans dont work at all, do any of you have alternative suggestions for stocking? :brows:

Play around with Aqadvisor.com

Honestly although beautiful Angelfish really do get huge as large as a womans hand and could a mans, plus streaming fins and 29 isn't a large amount of room for them to enjoy swimming around.

I would do at least 6 minimum and if you can choose 1 instead of the 2 types, get 10-12 of Neons or RN probably -

Buy a couple more than you want - sometimes there are a couple deaths.

Check out these guys they are pretty awesome see if your water is right for them if interested. Good and bright, smaller and active fish for a smaller type tank to have a little group 6-8

As for the Kuhlis, I have seen the smaller types, and then there are Tmaiers which are monster size- like the king sized ones!!!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/khuli-loach-one-of-my-favs-348983.html

Back
Top Bottom