Tank stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a list of fish I like. Obviously I'll have to cut it down since there are quite a few. Any suggestions on this list?
Zebra loach, glow light tetra, pristella tetra, emperor tetra, red cherry shrimp(will become food?), krib cichlid, ram cichlid, keyhole cichlid, black neon tetra, Cory catfish(not with the shrimp, will choose one), peacock cichlid of some variety, pearl gourami, hatchetfish, zebra danio, bleeding heart tetra, electric blue acara, and jack Dempsey fish.

I know that's a lot but I need to narrow it down. I'd love an angelfish, but they seem to fragile with the possible fin nippers I'm looking at. Are there any problems in this list that you can see, like possible snacks for other fish?
Also, I've read that Cory catfish produce a lot of waste, is that true? Would it be better to get the shrimp or would they become food?

You can use AQadvisor.com as a general guideline for stocking. You put in your tank size and filtration then choose your fish and it'll throw out any red flags, give a rough stocking percentage estimate, tell you the best pH, temperature, all that.

I didn't read your whole post above but I noticed jack Dempsey on the list, I think the tank is too small for one of them. Most Cory cats don't produce a ton of waste especially relative to other catfish. They do prefer groups of 5+ though, as do tetras and hatchetfish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ah that website sounds awesome, Thank you.
Someday I'll get a larger tank I suppose haha

I have two male betta fish in community tanks. Zero aggression, they chill with the Cory cats and leave the other fish alone. They aren't the most exotic or unusual fish though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom