Tank Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Priest

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my 55 gallon African Cichlid tank for a while now and I have been bit satisfied with the look of the tank but I have never been content with the look of the tank. I have been thinking about adding artificial plants but quickly stopped thinking about it as they would instantly uproot them. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to make my tank look better, as I am willing to listen and consider all suggestions and money isn't an issue (Within reason). Thank you.

Here are four pictures of my tank to give you an idea of what it looks likw know and how it can look better.
http://imgur.com/a/tNBWM#0

I keep fake plants in my Malawi tank. I just put small stones on and around the base to keep em down

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121108_193641.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121108_193641.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20121108_193732.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121108_193732.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 68
That one big rock in the tank... if you could get more and safely make a full rock formation along the back tank wall I think that would really do alot for the tank. You could leave gaps for caves. If your worried about rocks falling there are underwater special epoxies like this (plus there are other brands out there) Aquarium Aquascaping & Coral Propagation: Two Little Fishies AquaStik Epoxy Putty that you can use to hold them together. Then maybe find some smaller stone and scatter them on the subtrate to give a varied substrate look.

I agree with rivercats. Rock walls imitate their biotope better. There are very little if any plants in lake Malawi.

Back
Top Bottom