Tank switch ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not bad at all. Took awhile to fill it, I just had a couple buckets so besides that wasn't bad. As of this morning I had only lost one fish (Zebra Danio). :( so that stinks but at least it was only one. Hopefully I won't lose anymore.

I am going to buy a new hood and light because the one that came with the tank isn't very good. So that should only cost $50 or so other then that I am happy with the upgrade.

The new tank is looking great. I bought 2 24 hood and lights today and they look very nice and light up the tank very well. But there is a small gap between the 2 hoods. Any suggestion on how to cover that gap or do I need to worry about it?

I'm planning on painting the trim that is on the tank. Anyone have any pointers. I am going to paint if black, it is a light brown right on.

3 Days after setting it up.
Still looking for ideas for fish I can add. Would like to add some kind of cool looking fish and some color schooling fish. Any ideas?

image-134599257.jpg

Ok thanks. Like all the suggestions. What about a cool looking fish? That i can get 1 or 2 of. Been thinking some kind of shark (rainbow,redtail) but want to make sure they will get along with my stock.

Oooh, no sharks. Those suckers are so cute when they are little and then, they get so mean. With each other and anything else that crosses their path. Adding a rainbow shark to my community tank when I was brand new to fishkeeping was one of the worst mistakes I ever made.

Are you looking for bottom dwellers, or a signature top dwelling fish?

What do you have in there already?

Last edited:
What fish do you have in it right now?

Btw it all depends on personality I used to have a single 6 inch red tailed shark and it was extremely peaceful it would just give a tiny chase if something came into his cave.

Looking for a signature middle/top dweller.

My current stock is: 1 angel, 1 dwarf gourami, 4 zebra danios, 4 albino cory cats, 2 platy's, 2 mollies, 1 pleco and 1 mystery snail.

Looking for a signature middle/top dweller.

My current stock is: 1 angel, 1 dwarf gourami, 4 zebra danios, 4 albino cory cats, 2 platy's, 2 mollies, 1 pleco and 1 mystery snail.

You already have two of those - the angel and the gourami.

No.

Two angels can become problematic as they get older, even if they get along when they are young. You already have one that has "claimed" territory.

Ditto the gouramis - especially if both are male. If you are going to keep two fish that will compete for the same space in the water - you already have those two - then you need a whole lot more in terms of plants that reach the top of the tank, driftwood, and other ways to break the line of sight that is currently available for competing fish to spot each other and have a real go at each other.

Neither the gourami or the angel mix well with the neons - unless you're looking for snacks for the larger fish.

You might want to plug your fish into this compatibility chart before you buy more fish.

No.

Two angels can become problematic as they get older, even if they get along when they are young. You already have one that has "claimed" territory.

Ditto the gouramis - especially if both are male. If you are going to keep two fish that will compete for the same space in the water - you already have those two - then you need a whole lot more in terms of plants that reach the top of the tank, driftwood, and other ways to break the line of sight that is currently available for competing fish to spot each other and have a real go at each other.

Neither the gourami or the angel mix well with the neons - unless you're looking for snacks for the larger fish.

You might want to plug your fish into this compatibility chart before you buy more fish.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. Will definitely look at the site.

Back
Top Bottom