Tank temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B_kravitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Have a few fish wondering what my tank temp should be I have
1 blue lobster
1 rainbow shark
1 African leaf fish
2 red wag swordfish
1 fantail goldfish
I currently don't have a heater in my tank should I get one?

I Have a few fish wondering what my tank temp should be I have
1 blue lobster
1 rainbow shark
1 African leaf fish
2 red wag swordfish
1 fantail goldfish
I currently don't have a heater in my tank should I get one?

Ok so most of your fish need a heater. The goldfish are not compatable witht the others. You want about 78.

Agreed goldfish live in cold water I believe around 68. But the rest need warmer water

You need to get a heater as soon as you can, you need to rehome your goldfish. How big is your tank and how long have you had it?

You need to get a heater as soon as you can, you need to rehome your goldfish. How big is your tank and how long have you had it?

40gal and I've had the tank for almost a month now

A month and you got the fish all at the same time? Did you cycle the tank?[/

I got them within a few weeks apart from each other and I cycled the tank for almost 3 weeks before adding any fish

40gal and I've had the tank for almost a month now

You say the tank is one month old and that you cycled for 3 weeks. And you introduced fish a few weeks apart? This is a long month ? I'm a newbie too so won't criticise or offer advice but what you had said didn't make sense to me

I agree with t1karman that lobsters and fish don't tend to mix well in an aquarium. You tend to come down one morning to shredded fish. And the fancy tail definitely wants to go into a seperate cold water tank or take it back to the lfs, and get a heater in ASAP.

You say the tank is one month old and that you cycled for 3 weeks. And you introduced fish a few weeks apart? This is a long month dde02 I'm a newbie too so won't criticise or offer advice but what you had said didn't make sense to me

The tank has been set up with water in it for 2 months I cycled it for a month BEFORE putting the fish in the fish have been in the tank for a month now so every too weeks I do a 5 gal water change sorry if I wrote it broken up hope you understand now

The tank has been set up with water in it for 2 months I cycled it for a month BEFORE putting the fish in the fish have been in the tank for a month now so every too weeks I do a 5 gal water change sorry if I wrote it broken up hope you understand now

I wasnt having a moan. Just reading and it didnt make sense to me

Back
Top Bottom