Tankmates for a angelfish in 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon with one dime size angelfish and 3 red eye tetras what are some good tankmates for them?

My fish is really typing......

I have a 20 gallon with one dime size angelfish and 3 red eye tetras what are some good tankmates for them?

IMO a 20g is too small for angelfish, I've heard of people keeping them in tanks this size though.

You want fish that won't nip their fins but also won't get eaten by the angel once it gets bigger, most tetras are pretty good at not fin nipping, maybe a giant Diano? Most barbs are too nippy for Angels.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

Id recommend khuli loaches, Cory cats, maybe gold or German blue ram or a dwarf gourami or an apistogramma. Tetras are always a good option

I know they get big....But I don't see why you can't put them in a 20g mine is small so ....if it does get big like people say they get.... We will fix that when the time comes.....But thanks for your answer

Id recommend khuli loaches, Cory cats, maybe gold or German blue ram or a dwarf gourami or an apistogramma. Tetras are always a good option

Thanks!!! I was kinda getting in to Rams those are cool

do some research on fish stunting and angelfish behaviour. there are reasons they shouldnt be kept in a 20.

I know they get big....But I don't see why you can't put them in a 20g mine is small so ....if it does get big like people say they get.... We will fix that when the time comes.....But thanks for your answer

If you don't see why, I'd suggest doing a few weeks worth of research. There's a lot more to fish than just picking one or two and putting them in a nicely cycled tank.

do some research on fish stunting and angelfish behaviour. there are reasons they shouldnt be kept in a 20.

Yup !!

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

My angels went from the size of a dime to the size of my palm in less than a year. My husband accused me of giving them steroids, but Angels grow quickly.

Mine is in a 55 gallon with an african butterfly, african ropefish, Siamese algae eaters, and a pair of German blue Rams.

+1. it's not worth the amount of time they will be 'fine' to keep them in a small tank for our amusement. They grow pretty quickly (when given the proper environment) and should be housed accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom