Tankmates for African Butterfly fish and 2 reed fish (new member)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which grouping for tankmates with my reedfish and butterfly fish?

• 1st grouping

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2nd grouping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd grouping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of these groupings are compatable

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be worried angels would tear the ABF up instead. Those long, dangling fins may be too much to resist nipping at, especially if you have a breeding pair. Mine has shown no aggression towards tank mates, but it depends on the personality. ABF usually won't take a bite of another fish unless they plan on eating it.

As far as the angels and the ABF, I have talked extensively with the people at my lfs (they've all known me by name since they opened), and they've assured me if I see any sign of aggression from any of the fish they will take it back and give me store credit. So, I've decided I'm going to do it and closely monitor them.

As far as the angels and the ABF, I have talked extensively with the people at my lfs (they've all known me by name since they opened), and they've assured me if I see any sign of aggression from any of the fish they will take it back and give me store credit. So, I've decided I'm going to do it and closely monitor them.

It sounds like you have an awesome fish store. Be extra alert when/if they pair up.

It sounds like you have an awesome fish store. Be extra alert when/if they pair up.

I spend most of my time watching my fish tanks, it's an obsession. Also, the only lfs within 30 miles of me is a box store (petco) but they have some GREAT people in there fish department. It probably helps that the store manager is an aquarium enthusiast. They actually ordered the reedfish and the ABF specifically for me several months ago.

Back
Top Bottom