tankmates for betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreek

Aquarium Advice Regular
My betta was just moved into a 20 gallon tank, and I want to add more fish...what should/can I put with him?

I have a betta and researched tank mates a fair bit.... anything the same size or smaller, that is peaceful and doesn't have a tenancy to nip at fins. ie neon tetras, rasboras, mollies :) bottom dwellers I've read are compatible.... Cory's are cute :)
I have a 68l... I think it's about 15 gallons with my betta. I think I'm going to let him keep the tank to himself.... he seems to like it :) I do have a shrimp in there with him.... which seems to do fine with him. he went after the shrimp a few times but gave up when he realised the shrimp is super fast compared to him haha

Neon tetras have a tendency to nip fins, especially if they don't have a large enough school. But you could work it out in a 20 gallon with your betta, be prepared to separate them if something happens. I know Corydoras are also an option, you should have a small shoal and sand substrate. Guppies that aren't too flashy could work out.

Back
Top Bottom