Tankmates for FG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edit. I read 54 gallons not liters.

Afraid you are over stocked. I have to agree.

Thank you asudavew.

Edit: thought that was response to mine.

Sorry. Had to read this thread twice. ( to early in the morning)

54 gallon tank right? Not 54 liters?

54 gallon you are good. Add some nice cherry barbs. Slow and colorful.
Or some danios.

Watch your temps though. Goldie's like cold water. Tropicals like warm. I'd keep tHe temp on the low end for tropicals. And add plenty of oxygen for goldies.

I read "135l?!? Mines only 54l " as 54 liters. (post #8)

Then, it seemed to be confirmed by post #12.
"I can't see how the op is overstocked if they have a tank twice the size of mine, I was told I have enough room for 2 more fancies or a dozen minnows."

Your 54l tank has dimensions only slightly larger than a 10 gallon. There is not sufficient surface area for two fancy goldfish in that tank. One of them will outgrow it very quickly.

How long have you been keeping fish?

Edit. I read 54 gallons not liters.

Afraid you are over stocked. I have to agree.

First off I'm sorry not trying to start an arguement, you are right I'm overstocked I got my maths completely wrong.

I've only been keeping fresh water fish for a month so please forgive my ignorance, I've been around tropical fish since birth though

Ok I am big enough to say I was wrong in part comodo do have the diseases I said and thay have venom its only in resent research that they found out so was a bad example

I've seen the errors of my way and will be picking up a 200l/55g tank at the weekend

Through the constant contradictions, the one consistent rule of thumb is 20G for first goldie and 10G for each additional. That's why I thought I might have room for a couple of small fish.

It's always better to give them a little extra room. Especially with goldies!

Yeah. I have 4 goldies. Comets.

In a 110gallon tank. Soon to move to the backyard in a 165 gallon pond.
Then maybe I can get some plants to grow in my aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom