Tanks are finally coming along thanks to your help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Renewablemommy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks to the help of everyone here my tanks are finally coming along!! Here's my progress!! I wish I had before pics. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371370.318543.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371383.931941.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371401.146411.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371416.920865.jpg
And my puffer tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371435.740252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More of my puffer tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371495.531121.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438371517.183252.jpg
(Right after they are clams, little fatties ;) )

Forgot details!
55 gallon is community tank.
Sand, slate and stone, and lots of live plants. Two penguin 350 biowheels running.
15 gallon is the figure 8 puffer tank (will upgrade to 30 soon)
Brackish, 2 puffers, sand, and base rock with fake plants since they are all my real ones, and a large bubble wand.
Running one whisper 15 corner filter, and one whisper 20 HOB filter.

Both look great! Just curious as to why you keep the water level so low?
Nothing wrong with doing that it just bothers me if I can see the water level below the top trim on mine.

Looks great, where did you get that background on the bigger tank ? And same question why is the water level 2 inches low ?

Both look great! Just curious as to why you keep the water level so low?
Nothing wrong with doing that it just bothers me if I can see the water level below the top trim on mine.

Same here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Typically I do not, but my kids (4, 3, and 7 months) decided to all have meltdowns at the end of my filling my big tank. Lol
My smaller puffer tanks water level is lower because of the structure of my pump requiring the water to be a bit lower. It's an odd corner filter that catches under the lip of my tank funny.

The background I bought at petsmart of all place!

Ah yes ...meltdowns. I remember all too well. I raised 3 daughters by myself.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice tanks but I question you having, what looks like, a common plec. They grow far too big and produce more waste than most of your other fish combined. If that's your 55g he looks to be getting a big fish already.
Loving the puffer fish - cute!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure what kind of Pleco he is honestly. He came with the tank and is about 7 inches and nine years old. I'm hoping he doesn't get any bigger, as he's been in this Tank all of his life. My friends that owned the tank before me didn't exactly give him the best diet so I think that may stunted his growth. He now gets either a fruit or vegetable every evening.

They told me they "threw in algae pellets every little bit as a treat and let him live on algae growth alone"
Face meet Palm. Oyyy!!
His diet is very different now and he is much more active and his coloration is improved greatly. It was sad though :/ I understand fully that if he gets much larger he would need to find a bigger tank. If that is the case I would find an educated person with a big tank to care for him, but not until I get him to more established health than he has seen in the past. It's only been a few months so far ;)

They told me they "threw in algae pellets every little bit as a treat and let him live on algae growth alone"
Face meet Palm. Oyyy!!
His diet is very different now and he is much more active and his coloration is improved greatly. It was sad though :/ I understand fully that if he gets much larger he would need to find a bigger tank. If that is the case I would find an educated person with a big tank to care for him, but not until I get him to more established health than he has seen in the past. It's only been a few months so far ;)

That's a very good attitude, well done you. It's sad that plecs are presumed to live off the land. Small plecs graze on algae but larger ones won't touch it. Hope he gets into good health and that he gets a good home, either with you in a larger tank, or elsewhere.
I have a bristle nose, with the largest elongated bristles, he really is the ugliest creature but still my favourite fish.

That's a very good attitude, well done you. It's sad that plecs are presumed to live off the land. Small plecs graze on algae but larger ones won't touch it. Hope he gets into good health and that he gets a good home, either with you in a larger tank, or elsewhere.
I have a bristle nose, with the largest elongated bristles, he really is the ugliest creature but still my favourite fish.

Male BNPs are "attractively ugly"!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom