Tell me about Threadfin rainbows ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw the males for the first time today and WOW. In love.

What are their needs and temperament?

I have a 29 gallon community tank, and want to rehome 6 kyathit danios (a zebra variant) and 3 rosy white finned tetras (shaped and sized similar to white skirts).

If I eyeball it, my guess is I could put in 6 threadfins and have a similar or smaller bioload as I'm removing. Would 6 males get along without any females, and do they shoal a bit or are they loners?

Tank mates would be harlequin rasboras, glowlight neon tetras, Otos, and Pygmy multi striped loaches.

It's a moderately planted tank with a fair amount of current. (Aquaclear 30 power head and Aquaclear 50 HOB filter).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I'm seeing conflicting info (surprise) ... Males won't color up or display without females. Males only are a good idea. They stay together. They stay apart in separate well established territories.

One source says they are delicate, needing fresh water. Sounds like Otos and that's fine.

I also see they have tiny throats. I feed new life spectrum .5mm, some of which is practically dust.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom