Tell me what to stock my 115G FW with!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 115G FW tank with currently 2 firemouths, 4 very large silver dollars, 2 red tail sharks, 1 large ghost knife and two large plecos. I am going to keep the 2 plecos and take the rest to the LFS. They will give me store credit. I figure as big a bio load that these fish are I can pretty much fully stock my tank at once and not worry about overloading the tank. What I am looking for is advice on what to get. The tank is a 115G that is 48L X 32H, so it is tall. I would like to have fish that will inhabit the whole tank. Obviously the plecos with be the bottom dwellers. Attached is a pic, you can tell me if I should add cover or other stuff too. I am open to all suggestions. I have an 84G long and that was easier since it isnt so tall. I want this to be non or semi aggressive. Me and my kids love angel fish. Other than that we are open to all suggestions. I also would like to have large schools of bright fish. Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 81
do a couple larger fish like 3-4 angels with some large schools of fish. you have lots of options. how about some gouramis instead of the angels?

there are lots of cool small fish out there from ember tetras to lemon tetras plenty of rasboras even lots of cool rainbows.

Gonna stay away from Cichlids since they tend to be too aggresive. What kind of numbers do you think I could do of smaller fish such as the lemons, neons, rasboras or rainbows? If the smaller fish are in large schools will the angels or gouramis leave them alone? Should I also add more fake plants for cover?

gouramis for the most part should leave them alone. the angel it will just depend on what you get. there are rainbows and rasboras that are 1 inch there are some 2 inch. you could ditch the whole big fish idea and go with all small fish which i find really neat. i just tossing out ideas i like there so many of them out there. plus there so many different kinds of cichlids that are not agressive. i would go to the lfs and write down names of the fish you like then research them.

my 120 is nothing but fish 2 inch or smaller.

I like that idea. I would like to have big schools of brightly colored fish. I think when you can have 20 or 30 neons schooled up it looks awesome. I'm not married to the angel fish idea. I have angels in my 84G FW tank and they are great. I agree with you that this big tank would be great to do tons of just little brightly colored fish with great personalities. What types of gouramis stay small? I assume my plecos wont bother any of them, they are about 8" long.

Those are some great options. You da man gamer!! I will post when I get start to stock.

Back
Top Bottom