Temperature ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
How hot can fish stand ? .... my tank is around 88 right now and they seem to love it and are enjoying life now that the Ich is dying off .... just wish i didnt lose so many fish before i realized it. But my question is what temp do you all keep ur tanks at? ... i had my around 79 in general but now im thinking about raising it ... TIA

Ray

Well after the plauge came through all i have left is 4 zebras and 3 bronze aeneus cory cats ..... trying to think of what else i should add that would be good ... i know im gonna get some type of pleco sometime and replace gordan the gourami with another neon blue gourami. But i know that will not max me ... and i didnt have much luck with tetras first time so what else would be good? and i dont like rainbows :)

Ray

ah ok ... well i thought of another question today .... when im done treating for Ich how can i get the water cooled down slowly from 88 to 76?
TIA

Ray

i have discus and they stay at 28deg to 30deg i dont know what that is for farenh ah what eva that word is. i have an assortment of tetras, plecos, BGK, rams and also had cichlids at the same temp. seem to thrive and have not had any white spot for ages.

My larger 25-gal (with a heater) is kept at about 78 F.

My smaller 6-gal (without a heater) stays between 78-80 F - even through the middle of the night, probably because it's in a fairly insulated area away from any windows or exterior walls.

Back
Top Bottom