Temperature dropping like dead flies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its not due to bad thermometer but due that or heater broke n a broken window so the house its freezin cold, what can I do to help the tank to dont get any colder while they fix the heater????

Hi yes agree,the heater or heaters should be able to maintain the temperature. Like already suggest wrap the tank in blankets and external filters and try and bloke the window. My tanks are in a garden shed and i insulate all my tanks on three sides,and the externals are wrapped in bubble wrap then a blanket.

As a side note... those kits they sell at walmart that you tape over the window and use a hair dryer to tighten up work fantastic... a definite must IMO for any windows close to tanks (also helps A LOT on your elecricity bill in the winter if you're using electric heat...even with brand new windows)

I agree you need a more powerful or a second heater. An appropriately sized heater should be able to maintain a stable temperature even if the room is chilly.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/warning-rant-read-at-your-own-risk-173017.html

it is an appropriate size thats the same i had since o9 (well the size brand and wattage) its just one of the windows in the living room where i have the aquarium broke and its a big window and its facing the aquarium

Hi yes agree,the heater or heaters should be able to maintain the temperature. Like already suggest wrap the tank in blankets and external filters and try and bloke the window. My tanks are in a garden shed and i insulate all my tanks on three sides,and the externals are wrapped in bubble wrap then a blanket.
cool what kind of insulation do u use!!!!

As a side note... those kits they sell at walmart that you tape over the window and use a hair dryer to tighten up work fantastic... a definite must IMO for any windows close to tanks (also helps A LOT on your elecricity bill in the winter if you're using electric heat...even with brand new windows)

oh ok thanks ill look for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom