Temperature?Fancy Goldfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ady1397

Aquarium Advice Regular
im currently holding the temp at 74F.I have a bunch of fancy goldfish and i read that they like water temp of about 75 to 80. should i just leave it alone??? :? :? :? :?

Goldfish like cooler water around 70F or so. 74F is on the higher end of Golfish temp scale. 80F would be pusing it unless you had a specific reason to have the tank that high.

Actually fancies prefer a slightly higher temp then common goldfish; however, commons do best around 74-76F, fancies 74-78F, so your guys should be fine.

I will never attempt answering another Goldfish question again. I am like 0 for 4 on Goldfish answers :? :)

The temperature is just fine. The main concerns are those I pointed out in your other thread. You simply have too many fish.

Thats ok.. It seems that the more i read the more confused i get.. :? :?
:? :?
I do appreciate all the answers :)

Fancy Goldfish, i.e ryukins, orandas, fantails do like slightly warmer water as most have been tank bred as opposed to the larger common and koi which traditionally were kept in out door ponds. I have had my Ryukin's and Orandas at about 76-78 deg (same as the house a.c.) for goin on 2 years and they are thriving.

everyone says something different....im confused :?

ill just keep my tank at 74-76

that should be fine.

First i have to get rid of 13 fish!!!! :lol:

My fancy goldfish are doing fine at about 76 to 78 degrees. I think it has a lot to do with where they are bred and acclimated. Obviously plunging a fancy into an 80 degree tank after being raised in a 70 degree tank for its whole life mightnot be the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom