Temporary solution while filter isn't working?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NODAK1979

Aquarium Advice Activist
Our rather new Rena XP3 is having problems and we had to give up tonight after being unable to prime it back into working.

We have a 60 gallon tank. Stocking is full, though I wouldn't say overstocked at this time.

We're going to go at it tomorrow and try to fix it of course....but in the meantime....what are the measures we can take to help keep the fish alive??

Water changes often?? Air stones to help with aeration??

Any help is appreciated. These filters aren't cheap and we really aren't in the place to be able to go out and just drop another 150 bucks on another.

I would try giving it a good cleaning when you get a chance. Water changes and airstones will help but you should be ok if you just threw an airstone in until tomorrow. I had a power outage and my tanks sat without a filter for 3 days with no problems. I did remove the media and throw it in the tank so it would stay wet. I did a 50% WC on the 2nd day.

Our rather new Rena XP3 is having problems and we had to give up tonight after being unable to prime it back into working.

We have a 60 gallon tank. Stocking is full, though I wouldn't say overstocked at this time.

We're going to go at it tomorrow and try to fix it of course....but in the meantime....what are the measures we can take to help keep the fish alive??

Water changes often?? Air stones to help with aeration??

Any help is appreciated. These filters aren't cheap and we really aren't in the place to be able to go out and just drop another 150 bucks on another.

wrap the media around an air stone turning it into a sponge filter! will keep the bacteria oxygenated and fresh flow of water.

Thanks everybody. My wife's friend at work who is somewhat of an aquarium expert came over and fixed it. So we're good to go. Fish are happy and so are we.

Back
Top Bottom