Terra cotta pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bobc4d said:
I like this look over the plastic plants. I have several questions:
would this work with live fish? (edit: didn't see the cory on second photo)
what to do you use for substrate in the pots?
do you close the hole on the bottom of the pot or how do you keep the substrate inside the pot?

I have 6 corydoras cats, 4 Bolivian rams, 4 roseline sharks, 1 angel, 1 gold nugget pleco, 1 African dwarf frog. All in my 60 gallon, no deaths no aggression (Bolivian rams being the least aggressive of all). Has been setup for 6 months.

I use Eco complete. It's like a fertilizer mixed with little bits of lava rock. I purchased it at my lfs for 16$. I chose not to plug the whole on the bottom, I kind of regret that because when the water filled in, some of the Eco complete fell threw the bottom onto my sand. Not really I big deal tho.

I would like to mention that what made this a success (slight topic change) is my lighting. You can have all the terra cotta pots you want. But to make something grow, make sure you have that proper lighting. I have Twin T5s. Just FYI.

cool, thanks for the information. I guess I could use a little screen on the bottom of the pot to keep everything in and out.

bobc4d said:
cool, thanks for the information. I guess I could use a little screen on the bottom of the pot to keep everything in and out.

That would be ideal! Post a pic when your done, I'm interested to see how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom