Terracotta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackSpadesSI

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've heard that ADF's like terracotta pots. Do I need to buy some sort of aquarium-safe terracotta, or does a regular terracotta pot need to be specially cleaned/prepared to go in an aquarium?

JackSpadesSI said:
I've heard that ADF's like terracotta pots. Do I need to buy some sort of aquarium-safe terracotta, or does a regular terracotta pot need to be specially cleaned/prepared to go in an aquarium?

Terracotta in general is great for anything that likes a cave/hiding spot and just give it a good washing to get any surface junk off. I got some broken ones for free which is great because just 1/2 a small round pot is all you need, bury the 1/2 round deep enough so the edges are not exposed and your set.

If you like plants at all, get some Java Moss and a part of a hair net, cover the pot with moss and cover it with the hair net and soon the moss will bind with the pot and you have a nice green cave :D.

Mine either! I love how it looks, I just don't want to order it online and pay the shipping =/

Back
Top Bottom