terrarium conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 30 gallon tank in my room and I've decided its just not enough.....I want more....I hace an old unused lizard tank lying around and I want to convert it to a fish tank. I know I can take the old sealant off and reseal it but the only problem is therea a hole in the middle of the bottom of the tank for drainage when cleaning or something and it has a plug/stopper...could I seal this up with sealant and be okay??? My dad said it wouldn't work bc all the water weight would be down on it...and it'd have gravel or sand on it. Its about a 20 gallon tank...maybe 15

And do you think the sealant on it already is fiah safe? Would it make more sense to just go buy a new tank instead of paying for sealant??

Thanks for any help. I'm thinking of possibly using it to breed a small species of fish

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110720_010826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_010826.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 90
U could add a sump!! Lol actually I have no idea but it seems like u could make it work somehow??

Ahh I was thinking just putting the plug in and adhereing it to the glass with sealant. Would aquarium sealant adhere to plastic???

Lol I Really dont know :( I'm sorry! I'm sure someone will chime in soon that
Can tell u...

Somethingclever said:
TBH i wouldn't chance it. Once you get that water in there, if it doesn't hold... just spells disaster.

...you're probly right.
Maybe I can get some money for it bc I have a heat lamp and a bunch of dif bulbs, food amd water bowls, a heating pad, decorations, and some other stuff....I might be able to make some money off of it. Then I could buy a new tank

tarpon said:
...you're probly right.
Maybe I can get some money for it bc I have a heat lamp and a bunch of dif bulbs, food amd water bowls, a heating pad, decorations, and some other stuff....I might be able to make some money off of it. Then I could buy a new tank

Sounds like a great plan :) sale it and then buy an actual aquarium for fish :) hehe craigslist is a wonderful place

Flossie said:
Sounds like a great plan :) sale it and then buy an actual aquarium for fish :) hehe craigslist is a wonderful place

Yah ill probly use that. I've never used it before though.

I got a 55 with EVERYTHING plus EVERYTHING for 100 bucks and I mean EVERYTHING!!! lol Im checking everyday for another great deal!!!

Back
Top Bottom