test after pwc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I just did a 50% pwc n I cleaned the filter fluval 404 n replaced the carbon.

anyways how long should I wait to test my water???

Also I saw at the pcs some thing that had the thermometer and ammonia tester and ph also separate the nitrate n nitrite but they were all made by apures I didn't got them cuz I just got my api test again but wanted to know if those work they were good for 6 months

oh ok i wont even bother, anyways i just bought yesterday the api master kit so i know im good for awhile atleast my last one lasted forever

ok i just did the test AGAIN

ph 7.5/6
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 40ish

am i doing something wrong???? i just did 2 50% water change one yesterday and one 2day i changed the carbon for a new one what am i missing here or is it a faulty no3 test kit

i think so so what im going to do is doit again right now and see what happens because i t gave me the same results yesterday before and after the pwc as of the ones today

Hmmmmm, are you adding bottle #1 then shaking the tube, shaking bottle #2 for a full 30 seconds, then adding it. Then shaking the test tube for a full minute?

What's your stock? And tank size?

1 rainbow shark
1 pictus catfish
1 pleco
6 platy
8 juvenile tiger barb most of them are not even an inch
2 juvenile 3 spot gourami
and 4 black skirt tetra even tho when i had them it said black widow juvenile aswell

and its a 75 gal tank and i have plants

Test the water you are using to fill the tank back up before you fill it up. My local water has a nitrate level of about 10ppm. Not a lot I can do about it, so I do more pwc than what I would call normal to keep the level down.

If you are testing nitrate at 40 ppm, then do another water change. Test it before the water change, then about an hour after the water change. You should have different amounts. If it tests the same previous and after a 50% change, then I would suspect the chemicals in the testing kit might be too old or not correct.

well just did my weekly pwcand i happen to do a 50+ due that the filter woulnt work anyways thi are my results so far

ph 7.6

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate same , im changin my test kit

Back
Top Bottom