Test analyze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally got my nitrate and phosphate test kit! my 50 gallon tests results are as follows. KH 2 degrees, pH is 6.2 8O , phosphate is around 1.5 ppm and nitrate is around 5 ppm. I heard that i should have around .5 or less phosphate level, how do i decrease phosphate level? I was looking at the KH/pH Co2 chart and it says i have about 38ppm, i really doubt that much, i have 2 hagen systems and a 3L bottle of DIY CO2. I heard nitrate level around 10 is good, what should i do? :?:

As long as you don't have algae problems you are fine. The levels are suggested. If your plants are growing and you are for the most part algae free don't sweat it.

If you do get a algae problem you can use a product called Phos Guard which will keep your Phosphates down to the levels needed. I use it in my planted tanks and it works great.

thanks guys, but is there another way to bring down the phosphate without buying from the market? My stargrass is growing nicely again after i replaced the triple tube strip light with a 96 watt 6700K power compact! I think i should do a water change soon, it might help the growth because the pH is getting too low and i'll get some KH back up to meet the plant's comfort. i have a 50 gallon tank, and i want to grow some needle ludwigia, what's the lowest wattage per gallon i can use? I want to save some electricity.

Back
Top Bottom