Test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello and welcome first off to AquariumAdvice.com

When you say ' test kit ' I presume you mean a test kit in the manner of water testing ; IE Ammonia / Nitrate / Nitrite / pH levels etc ?
If so, you have a huge variety to choose from, from many different manufacturers. Because of this, it is ultimately down to personal favour.

First off, use the test kit you got with your tank, if you got one included ? If you decide it's not for you, there are plenty more as I say. Perhaps ask your local aquarium place of their personal choice.

Grant

test kits

Well, as Grant said, everybody has their favorites. What I would recommend, and I use them, is the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Master Kit for FW. This has everything you need for basic testing. They are fairly easy to use. I have compared the results of these tests to other kits and they seem to be accurate. It's a good starting point anyway. Be warned though, that the ammonia kit will not give an accurate reading if you are using ammo lock or any other product that binds ammonia.
Logan J

Thanks for your help. Yes, I was looking for a test kit to test my water for ph and all the other stuff. I have seen the individual kits, but I think I will go with a test kit that test most of the commom problems that I could have. I was told that aquarium pharmaceuticals, inc has a good one, called Doc wellfish test kit. Has anyone heard of this one? And is it a good one. Thanks

test kits

Doc Wellfish...hmmm...thinking that's just a name Aq Pharm uses. They make the Freshwater Master Test Kit that includes pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate test. I believe it sells for under $20.00. I think that would be your best bargain starting out. Hagen also makes a complete kit, but I believe it is more expensive and I have not used their kits enough to be really familiar with them.
Logan J

Test Kit

Thanks! I just got a aq pharm Master Test Kit from the local pet store. Thanks for everyones help. I am sure I will need more help in the near future.

I'm currently using the Doc. Wellfish kit with no problems and accurate readings. The kit in general is a good start-off kit also, so stick with it and let us know how you do. :D

Back
Top Bottom