Test kit missing the color scale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b_alghazi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have purchased Amonia test kit, but when I reached home I found out that the color scale is missing from the pack, I went back to the LFS, but he refused to replace it or give me the a color scale from another pack or help me in any way.
Is there a possibility that some body help me if he has the same test kit and can scan the color scale and send it to me? I would be very thankful if you can do this.

The kit I purchased is the same as this one:
www.shireshop.co.uk/tetratest-nh3nh4-total-ammoniamore-info-88-p.asp

Thanks in advance.

Can't help you because I don't have a scanner, but I can tell you you want as yellow result as possible. The closer to green it is, the higher the ammonia levels.

BTW, you should just go in the store and take out the scale from another kit. If they won't make it right, you make it right!

I use the API kit, so can't kelp in scanning.

However, unless you are cycling, you don't need to know the specific ammonia level. All you want in a mature tank is to have ZERO ammonia.

To know what ZERO looks like, get some distilled water & run your test. That will tell you what ZERO is. Anything other than that is not good.

<BTW, if you know the test's sensitivity - ie the lowest level when the test will change color - normally the level in the 2nd square after ZERO on the card, you can figure out the level accurately without the card. You do this by serial dilution. If you have a positive test, you dilute the sample with pure water until the test turns negative. The dilution x sensitivity is the actual level. Eg. my kit's sensitivity is 0.6. If I have to do a 5:1 dilution to get to zero, the original level is 0.6x5 = 3.0.>

I went to Tetrs's web site and they don't have colour cards posted like API does, but I would certainly incourage you to contact them and explain your trouble with the fish store, including the name and the name of the sales person, if you can get it by going back to the store--for the last time, if it was me.

Here is their URL: Welcome to Tetra

There is a contact link at the bottom of the page.

Good luck

i am sure they would replace it. i bought a set from api and it was missing. emailed them and they sent me new ones.

I would suggest mailing a complaint to the main headquarters of the shop you went to or the manufacturer. If that fails lodge a better business bureau report. They *will* have to replace a defective kit.

lol i think you are taking things a little far. first all the fish companies i ever had a problem with their product they been quick to act. a nice simple email will most likely get things done. most lfs are just that small stores. now if it was petsmart or something thats a different story. my guess is someone just stole it. sadly it happens. i think you have a lot of faith in what the BBB can do. one thing we dont know if they are even in the states. 2nd the BBB basically a middle man trying to help the both parties reach a agreement. they cant force them to do anything. more so over a 5-10 test kit.

Hopefully you dont have JUNGLE testint equipment, they jsut send you a half butted scan job of a color chart and 9 out of 10 times they will email you saltwater ones when you ask for fresh, I still havnt gotten a legitimate copy of the color chart from them and I am into my 3rd year of tank keeping since I got the kit.

on bad thing about that is if your print or screen colors are off it may give you different readings.

I have purchased Amonia test kit, but when I reached home I found out that the color scale is missing from the pack, I went back to the LFS, but he refused to replace it or give me the a color scale from another pack or help me in any way.
Is there a possibility that some body help me if he has the same test kit and can scan the color scale and send it to me? I would be very thankful if you can do this.

Thanks in advance.
I have that test kit, i will scan the color chart and attach it in a little bit. As for your lfs, i would find a new one.

Best Regards
InfernoST

I have purchased Amonia test kit, but when I View attachment NH3NH4.PDFreached home I found out that the color scale is missing from the pack, I went back to the LFS, but he refused to replace it or give me the a color scale from another pack or help me in any way.

Thanks in advance.
Here is the color chart. The lowest reading is a very pale green and the next is a little darker green. When you perform the test it usually starts out as yellow and eventually turns some shade of green. One other thing, you must determine the reading only 20 minutes after you have added the chemicals. If you need any more help with tetratest kits don't hesitate to call. I hope the scan is OK, the quality suffers due to file size restrictions.

View attachment NH3NH4.PDF

Best Regards
InfenroST

Last edited:
InfernoST, Thank you so much for your kind help.

Actually I am starting a new tank, so I needed the color scale to make the cycling.

As for the store, it is the last time i deal with them.

Thank you everybody for your valuable advices, your help is really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom