Test Kit Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm using a tetra test kit for ammonia and nitrites. The Nitrites I can always measure without an issue but the ammonia test results are another story. The two lowest colors on the test kit don't really match the vial... I can't really tell if it's darker or lighter than either of the colors...can anyone recomend a kit for ammonia that is easy to read?

Try looking down into the tube to match the color. See if that helps any.

I have the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals master kit. It is usually easy to tell the difference in the colors....but sometimes they run together. I just put the tube up beside the color chart and see which one is closer. If its too close, I hold the tube over the color to see which one is closest.

Aquarium Pharmacueticals has a good test kit for it, all though the nitrate test is hard to read, all the colors near the end seem the same

I agree AP test kits are the easiest. Nitrate test is difficult to read near the higher numbers but I figure when the colors look the same it's time for a water change anyway.

agree, Aq. Pharm is good, I find with the nitrates it's easy to tell between safe and unsafe but a little tough to tell the difference between 0-10 and 10-20

I also like how quick the AP test kits are, one of my friends has a test kit for her salt water tank and each one takes 20 minutes

Back
Top Bottom