Test Kit recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to buy i nice accurate test kit at a good price. I am going tomorrow to pick one up from petco or petsmart or something like that. What would you all recommend?

I like the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit, has every thing you need and is easy to use. The Nitrate Test is alittle hard to read cause there isnt much color difference for the readings. I think youll find alot of peopel who use the same product.

A lot of us FW people use the API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) test kit. It does pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. I know they're sold at Petsmart, so mostly likely Petco and possibly elsewhere. It tests water by chemical drops into little tubes you fill with your aquarium water, not by test strips dipped in your water, which are not quite as accurate.

the only bad part of there test tubes are after so much use the white mark on glass tube fades.

I use a syringe to draw water out of the tank and then squirt it into the vials. I find it to be neater and more accurate. I suppose that if the marks wore off you could just measure the 5 mil. with the syringe when you put it in the vial.

I do the same thing as Sparky. That way I'm not adding, removing, adding, removing, etc. The vials are cheap, something like 10 cents each, so you can easily buy replacements.

Back
Top Bottom