Test Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kari

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to find test kits that are easier to read, and aren't too expensive. I've got mardel's 5-in-1 test kit right now, and it's color coded. Some of the color variations are so close, it's hard to tell. Don't they have something that shows you numbers? Or at least very distinct colors?

I'm not sure what is out there, but just do not use the quick test strips as they have been found to be not so accurate. I use the Master FW Kit from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. The colors can be close at times, but I haven't really had any issues reading it.

I use the same master test kit from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals and it seems to work well. I did the strips for a while and I didn't trust them. I think the kit costs $25.00 but it has many different tests in it, it is more accurate than strips, and each reagent bottle contains enough reagent for MANY tests. Therefore I think it is a good bargain in the long run.

I use the tetratest Laborett kit. Costs $16 and tests pH(for FW and SW), KH, GH, NO2, CO2 and NH3.

I like it, and to me, the colors are quite distinct.

I also use Aquarium Pharmacuticals Master Test Kit. They can be bought from Big Al's for 12.99. This is cheaper than the cost of buying a pack of 20 test strips from the lfs.

I use the Hagen master test kit it tests for ten different things and IMO is easy to read. It is alot higher priced then others at $50 but is well worth it IMO.

oscarbreeder said:
I use the Hagen master test kit it tests for ten different things and IMO is easy to read. It is alot higher priced then others at $50 but is well worth it IMO.

It is $160 in Australia 8O

dang, response is overwhelming here...I'm gonna hafta go with the majority when I get a new test kit. If I have problems with it, I'm sure I'll be back asking again :) Thanks 8)

Back
Top Bottom