test results pre pwc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh ok, also i think i used phosphate or something like that with my filter media to bring them down will that help ive been looking through my aquarium storage things lately

Seriously man, as long as there's no nitrAtes in the tap water, all it takes to keep the nitrAtes down is water changes. No need to use any products. Most of those things cause more harm than good.

oh ok im actually just pulling in my driveway so im going to run the same test in 2 different test tubes one from the tank water and one from the tap

well it looks like tomorrow or later on tonight depending at what time i get home ill do a 50% water change, will that stress the fish??????

As long as you're using dechlorinated, temperature matched water...pwc's won't stress the fish. Personally I'd do a 50% now and another 50% later tonight. I'd do the same thing tomorrow if the nitrAtes are still high.

Let me know what you find in your tap water.

There was 0 in the tap water so a 50 will be done when I get home or 2 morrow also ia it normal for ammonia and nitrite to be 0 but nitrate way high

abrahamavelar said:
There was 0 in the tap water so a 50 will be done when I get home or 2 morrow also ia it normal for ammonia and nitrite to be 0 but nitrate way high

If the tank has been set up for a while it means 2 things-
#1- The tank is cycled
#2- Not near enough water changes are being done... and / or the tank is heavily overstocked.

Try to do a bit of reading on how the nitrogen cycle works in an aquarium. It'll give you a good understanding of what's going on with the levels in the tank. -
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Nitrogen_Cycle.html

Cool article really helpfull now I got a question about the feeding I understand that juvenile fish need twice a day 4 them to grow faster is thia true??? if not im only going to feed them once a day.im feeding them twice once in the morning and once at night I feed them one cube of frozen bloodworms and some flakes not alot, in the morning and at night is this alot????

abrahamavelar said:
Cool article really helpfull now I got a question about the feeding I understand that juvenile fish need twice a day 4 them to grow faster is thia true??? if not im only going to feed them once a day.im feeding them twice once in the morning and once at night I feed them one cube of frozen bloodworms and some flakes not alot, in the morning and at night is this alot????

Everyone has their own ideas and techniques about feeding. You can start a new thread about it if you'd like to get the opinions of different members. Personally I feed 5 days a week with frozen bloodworms once a week and blanched zucchini a couple times. All my fish are full grown though.

Back
Top Bottom