Testing insulation for shipping boxes-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
Just wanted to start a thread, I will update it with pics and info as I go, but I am planning on testing a few different insulation methods.

I recently walked into petsmart and they happened to be unloading a shipment of fish. They said I was welcome to have the boxes and insulation, and could come back every friday if I ever needed more. So I took it all, since I ship a lot anyway.

The only insulation in these boxes is a thin foil type bubble wrap, but it obviously works since they use it to ship with.

So, I'm going to test this against the standard styrofoam insulation that I've been using, to see what the results are.

My method is going to be putting a fish bag (in lieu of a live fish, I'll substitute a glass thermometer) in an insulated box and leaving it out on my porch. I'll test it around sunrise, again around midday, and then again at night for 2 or 3 days.

Anyway, updates coming in a few days.

Following.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.

Back
Top Bottom