Tetra 55 gallon aquarium starter kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Couple questions about fish :fish2:

Im am soon buying the tetra 55 gallon starter aquarium kit from petsmart and have read the reveiws and their saying that the filter and the heater suck so I will replace those 2 and buy better ones. But my question is what do you think of the kit? and where are some other places that i can buy cheap aquariums?
Thanks in Advance :thanks:

Brian.

Attachments

• pPETS-6704003t300x300.jpeg
    pPETS-6704003t300x300.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 7,823
I bought a 20 gallon starter kit from petsmart a year ago. I have had no problems with it at all and it is still running with all the original equipment except the light. I upgraded so I could have live plants. The only way to get a cheaper kit is through garage sales/craigslist. But you buy at your own risk...

I don't think you can go wrong with a 55 gallon starter kit from PetSmart. I would upgrade to Aqueon filters, Aqueon heater, and a better light set up just because all lights that come with those don't look as good as 50/50 lights to me. The reason I say Aqueon filters is because I have 3 different aquariums and I have 2 Aqueons on my 45, 2 Tetra whispers on the 33, and 2 Penguin bio wheels on my 55, and the Aqueon is by far the most quiet. All the listed filters however do an excellent job keeping the tank clean. Good luck, post some pics when you get it set up.

I think your tank is going to look awesome when you set it up.With a 55 gallon tank you have a lot more flexibility in which fish you are able to stock it with.I'm not going to suggest anything because I only have a 10 gallon.All i know is that many fish i wanted to buy for my 10 I couldn't because either they grew too big or their activity was too high for my size tank. In a 55 gallon you can stock pretty much anything you want but I still advise researching each fish before you buy it.Hope it works out send pics when you've stocked it:)!

I currently have this exact setup from petsmart, everything stock, fully cycled, and have no problems with anything whatsoever. Go for it :)

But where are some places online where I can have a tank shipped to my house?

Honestly I would buy a tank at a store in case of damage in shipping. I had a used 55 gallon bust on me and it was not fun.

Back
Top Bottom