tetra deaths..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwk5270

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on what's going on on my 35 gallon hexagon aquarium. At first I had three angels and three emporer tetras, all doing fine. So I got six von Rio/flame tetras a week ago. Now I'm suddenly down to one emperor tetra and there von Rio tetras. So could the new tetras have brought something with them? Water parameters are good and have always been the same. Fish have no signs of physical ailments.

If they weren't quarantined they absolutely could of brought something. BTW have you noticed your Von Rios being kind of nasty? Mine are buttheads

Anytime your odd fish are fine and you add new fish without QT'ing them and suddenly your losing fish, then yes, they most likely they introduced a pathogen into your tank.

Yeah I figured... Uhh I haven't notices them being mean or anything but I have read that they can be. Have you had problems like that with them? Is there anything I can do at this point for protecting other fish

I only kept them once and they got too aggressive for my likes. Even tho I had a larger group they were still pains. With them all you can do is watch. You can always try the rearrange the tank trick but I'd just wait and see how they are for awhile.

Fortunately they aren't really large enough to be a threat to anybody but they are MEAN! They rarely even hand out together they all just have their little spots that they guard viciously!!!!!

Oh boy haha well I hope they don't get too bad.. i wanna replace the ones I lost but if they get bad I will probably look into another small group of tetras

Back
Top Bottom