Tetra or aqua clear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now i have a tetra 30 on my 20 gallon tank and since im going to buy a 75 gallon aquarium should I buy 2 tetra ex 70s or buy an aqua clear 110? I used to have an aqua clear and it was so hard to get it to start running and to prime it and the 110 seems complicated I just want a simple filter and thats what tetra is for but it seems like aqua clear will keep the tank cleaner. Please help. And if I go with the aqua clear how do I prime it?

Thank

Brian

In my opinion, I would go with the 2-70's. It will filter more than 1-110 and you can alter the cleaning of them. You also will have the option of really detailing your filtration by having more volume of water to do so.

I've used AquaClears for years, and I'm actually running two AquaClear 110's on my 75 gallon right now (because I like to over filter), but one is more than adequate for a 75 gallon tank. My water is always crystal clear, and my parameters are always stable. With AquaClears you get mechanical, chemical and bilogical filtration. And you can use any type of filter media you choose. There is really nothing complicated about them. You put your filter media in, clean them periodically, and they just keep on working and working. IMO - they are the best HOB filter you can buy. And the price is right too - while I was in PetSmart the other day, I noticed that they had them on sale for $67.99 (the 110s normally run at about $90.00).

Back
Top Bottom