Tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Incisions072185

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of buenos aires tetras and long finned red minors in my tank. a few red minors have died recently so I thought it was natural cause Bc I have had them for a long time, but tonight I noticed the buenos aires attacking the fins on one basically killing it. Is this a bad combination?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a bunch of buenos aires tetras and long finned red minors in my tank. a few red minors have died recently so I thought it was natural cause Bc I have had them for a long time, but tonight I noticed the buenos aires attacking the fins on one basically killing it. Is this a bad combination?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is it a bad combination? YES. BA Tetras ( also known as Bad A*S Tetras) can be extremely aggressive and not good tankmates for fish that have longer fins or are not fast swimmers. I would separate them if you intend on keeping the minors.

Hope this helps. (y)

I got a shoal of b a tetra, the woman in the shop was sick of customer returns, as they were aggressive, these 2-4 shoal sized purchases! (Really not enough)

(Luckily I had all 21 bought for me, I cleared the dealers tank! Yeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)
They are great fish, very beautiful, lovely purples and greens along the flanks and a tail to die for!
Get more BA tetra, not sure how many you have?
(But only if your tank can handle it stock wise)

I've observed hardly any aggression on a single fish but lots of chasing, I was warned about adding them in with clowns as they might nip at the tails, no such thing has occurred, conspecific aggression only, but the shoal is fairly large.

Back
Top Bottom