Tetra Safestart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAUCASTLE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I used this product and my tank start started perfectly. My only "problem" was the tank was a little cloudy for about 2 months. The testing has been great from the very beginning.

I know other people have had a bad time with this product. Lets share our experiences since the "cycling" concept is difficult for first timers.

I only used the aquasafe dechlorinator and my tank. I don't think there are any ways of doing a "quick" cycle. You can seed the tank, but still gotta let the bacteria do their work lol.

I am having a similar conversation on another thread. Possibly my testing is flawed. With test tonight and post results.

I use the Tetra Aquasafe only to start a new tank. I used to use it for water changes but it completely messed up 2 of our tanks. Sent them back into cycles every time I did a water change and treated the new water with that crap. We lost all of our first group of bettas and most of the guys in our 55. I'd be wary of any product that says it has bacteria in it. From research I've done and from my LFS those products aren't all that great. The bacteria in them need nutrients and oxygen to survive and to make it worth while for your tank. After bottling, shipping, stocking etc not that many of the lil guys are still alive. So when you add that to a tank you're adding mainly dead bacteria. That will keep slapping your tank back into cycles. My suggestion, don't use it except for setting up a brand new tank. Use Prime to condition the new water, some people perfer NovAqua, but the point is, don't use a bacteria suppliment. It's not worth losing fish over.

I use the Tetra Aquasafe only to start a new tank. I used to use it for water changes but it completely messed up 2 of our tanks. Sent them back into cycles every time I did a water change and treated the new water with that crap. We lost all of our first group of bettas and most of the guys in our 55. I'd be wary of any product that says it has bacteria in it. From research I've done and from my LFS those products aren't all that great. The bacteria in them need nutrients and oxygen to survive and to make it worth while for your tank. After bottling, shipping, stocking etc not that many of the lil guys are still alive. So when you add that to a tank you're adding mainly dead bacteria. That will keep slapping your tank back into cycles. My suggestion, don't use it except for setting up a brand new tank. Use Prime to condition the new water, some people perfer NovAqua, but the point is, don't use a bacteria suppliment. It's not worth losing fish over.
100% agree with you. also will add the additives that says you no longer have to water change to that list.

Back
Top Bottom