Tetra Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello All at the title may seggust i started a tetra tank as my tank is smal and the terta is small, Got many kinds. Neons, cardinal, black widow, red eye, lamp light, Rummy nose and glow light tetra but the thing is that they have formed groups bewtween their same species but the red eye are rather nippy towards each other and dont like being together have i done something wrong? I read that some may get nippy if not in a grop but i bought plenty of them for each other. And i also accidently got a sparkling gourami which is the smallest of all the gouramis and i was wondering whether i should take him back but if i do it will cause much stress for my tetras but if i dont he wont eat anything and will eventually die i need someone!

How big is your tank? Is it fully cycled? I have heard that tetras are hardy but i made the mistake (as a full new guy) of not cycling my tank and my first fish were neons. They didnt make it after a few weeks. I read about cycling and went at it again. They worked out fine.

If your tank is big enough and fully cycled you should be fine. The gourami shouldnt pose much of a prob as the one i had didnt mind the tetras, but again it all depends on the size of the tank.

I have some picture of the tank in my gallery ill put them on here or you can go look at them the tank is bigger then 7 galleons its um i dont know but i got bigger then 30L i have plenty of fish in there and it is not over crowed because i checked with my aquarium place

How many of each species did you add? I had red-eyes before and they were never nippy, and they schooled with my diamond tetras. Could be due to an over crowded tank.

I checked out your pics but didn't really get a feel for it because there wasn't a full tank shot, but it looks like you have quite a few in there.

What are the dimensions of the tank? I counted 14 or so in the side view.. If its a ~7 gallon tank then I would bet it is stress related.

I would just rehome the red eyes... they like larger tanks with lots of room to swim.

Back
Top Bottom