Tetra tech ex 700?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys i was wanting 2 get a tetra tech ex 700 does any1 have experience with this filter is it any good. My tank is a 55g
I have one on my 55g. I find them to be an excellent filter. I have it over 2yrs with no problems, whatsoever. I did modify the media, I can let you know what I done, if you like....

Yes please let me knew
Right starting from the bottom up;
The original sponges that come with the filter, one course, one medium.
Next tray, Bio-media, ceramic rings. I replaced all these with Seachem Matrix(bio-media). This is optional. Topped with the sponge that comes with it.
Next tray, bio-balls and sponge. Again I replaced the bio-balls with Seachem Matrix(bio-media). This is also optional.
Top tray, a full tray of filter floss(100% polyfil).
Finally on top of the floss, I put a 100ml bag of Seachem Purigen. Personally I use two bags of Purigen. As Purigen is rechargeable, I use two, so it is longer between recharging.
The Matrix is completely optional, the original bio-media is completely fine and will do the job. I read great reports about the Matrix, so I opted to use it. The Matrix you want to use is the bio-media version, they basically look like small stones. There is another Matrix available called Matrix Carbon. I'm sure you know the difference, so no need to use this. I had this set-up on a fully stocked 55g tank, including, Platies, Mollies, Guppies, Tetras, and a pair of Kribs. Most of these fish have high Bio-loads and my water is crystal clear. With you having two of these filters, you will be well covered for the fish you want. If I didn't explain anything properly and you need any more info, just let me know....
PS... If you decide to go with the Matrix, I would use it from the start, so you don't have to replace the other bio-media and risk loosing some BB...

Back
Top Bottom