tetras gone in 24hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyandsteve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all
I had 5 neon tetras this time yesterday and they are all gone
I have a 3 and 1/2inch clown loach
several mollies
silver shark
golden dream killifish
female fighter
sherba's cory
and 2 very small pleco's
i think thats all?

has anyone any clues on which of the above may have had them?
the clown loach permanently hides in my ship wreck
any help would be greatfull
thanks

The silver shark would be my first, the female fighter would be my second however I think this one would not be as likely to be the culprit.

Thanks but i feel my shark only being 1 1/2 inch wouldnot be big enough? i dont know,
I have been suspecting the clown loach because he/she never comes out not even to eat very boring fish just hides away

Thanks but i feel my shark only being 1 1/2 inch wouldnot be big enough? i dont know,
I have been suspecting the clown loach because he/she never comes out not even to eat very boring fish just hides away

Well the loaches like to be in groups. I have a Single clown and he is a bit reclusive, but I lost my 2 loaches before easily so I'm taking step by step this time. When there was 2 of them they never stayed still. Pretty much like my 2 hyperactive Pakistani loaches

I really haven't seen a Clown or heard of one that has been aggressive in such a manner. I have though heard of a female and shark being aggressive. As for the shark not being big enough..... Many fish wouldn't go near a live fish for food purposes, but a dead fish they would happily munch on. So if the Fighter or shark or both is killing the fish or attacking them so they become very weak, then the other tank mates might simply finish them off

I presume you have tested the water and I'd be tempted to do a Large water change, after all it won't hurt.

yeh tested the water about a week ago and its fine. due to do 25% water change in about a weeks time
i have heard that clown like pals and will interaduce them asap
The tetras are the first fish i got due to them being very hardy, 2 months ago when i set tank up
The killifish jumped into my floating breeder tank a few days ago and ate my baby mollys dont know wether there the culprits?

yeh tested the water about a week ago and its fine. due to do 25% water change in about a weeks time
i have heard that clown like pals and will interaduce them asap
The tetras are the first fish i got due to them being very hardy, 2 months ago when i set tank up
The killifish jumped into my floating breeder tank a few days ago and ate my baby mollys dont know wether there the culprits?

I have read numerous articles that tetras ARENT hardy. I read loads of articles about them but dieing. maybe they was just in a state from cycling. I'd re-test the water, I've seen levels spike in days so a week could be an eternity in fish world.

Killifish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bottom paragraph....... LOL

kribensis cichlid I read they are peaceful and community safe though I have no experience with them!

Back
Top Bottom