Thanks to the community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steez

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to say thank you to the community who responded and helped me with all my questions over the past couple days. Everyone was very helpful and I am understanding all of my mistakes and correcting them. This forum is rich with advice, and I wish I would of seen it BEFORE I had decided to buy my first tank 4 months ago. I guess I had been too used to leopard gecko's, and how basic they are to care for, and thought I could just pickup the equipment and do it. Wrong. hah

Today I got my girlfriends 1.5g cube setup with a couple small ghost shrimp, two dwarf frogs (not african, I forgot what they were, but they do not grow bigger than the end of your thumb) and her Betta in it. I used some gravel from my 55g tank to get some BB inside for them. The cube will be filterless with no heater, but my house stays regularly ~75. I also got a Anubias plant inside, because they are good with low lighting. As long as I keep up the 50% water changes it should be fine:)

steez said:
I just wanted to say thank you to the community who responded and helped me with all my questions over the past couple days. Everyone was very helpful and I am understanding all of my mistakes and correcting them. This forum is rich with advice, and I wish I would of seen it BEFORE I had decided to buy my first tank 4 months ago. I guess I had been too used to leopard gecko's, and how basic they are to care for, and thought I could just pickup the equipment and do it. Wrong. hah

Today I got my girlfriends 1.5g cube setup with a couple small ghost shrimp, two dwarf frogs (not african, I forgot what they were, but they do not grow bigger than the end of your thumb) and her Betta in it. I used some gravel from my 55g tank to get some BB inside for them. The cube will be filterless with no heater, but my house stays regularly ~75. I also got a Anubias plant inside, because they are good with low lighting. As long as I keep up the 50% water changes it should be fine:)

Betta fish need atleast five gallons to be happy...

That's her tank to worry about, she has owned multiple betta's and they have all survived for years in little bowls for her. If it was mine i'd have it in a bigger one. I did tell her that we should probably only house the shrimp and frogs alone in the small cube, she doesn't want to listen. I'm not going to tell her she HAS to do something, if she doesn't want to listen then it's on her.

My 'thanks for the help' was referring to my oscar tank.

Back
Top Bottom