That Murphy guy is a real pain...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madame_X

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Murphy's Law #3,976,421: If you spend three weeks looking for a product locally, then give up and order it only to pay more for shipping than the actual price of the product, you will find it locally the day it arrives.

I received the shipment of Bio Spira that I finally decided to order. I was very excited and stopped by the fish store I had chosen (Phoenix Tropical Fish) on my way home from work to buy some fish. As I'm paying for them, I look up in the corner and what do you suppose I saw?

That's right. A little 3' x 3' refrigerator with a sign on the front: "Bio Spira".

I had been in this store three weeks ago when I first set up my tank (tried to do a fishless cycle but lost my patience) and had inquired about it. At that time, they didn't carry it.

I looked at the owner and said, "You carry Bio Spira?" And he said, "Yeah, we've had it for about two weeks now. Someone from Marineland called and asked if we wanted to carry it. They said they'd give me the refrigerator for free, so I said, 'Sure!'."

No doubt, Marineland called them after my e-mail to their Customer Service Department, frustrated that nobody in Phoenix carried this product and asking for the name of ANY dealer in Arizona that might. They never responded.

But somehow, I think they got my message. :bowl:

Murphy hates me. :yawn:

Ah well... at least I know where to get the stuff when I get a bigger tank.

Congrats on finding in locally. I can't find it here within about a 100 mile radius. I too complained to Marineland about it. Don't know if it has helped though.

I wouldn't expect a response, but don't be surprised if it just "pops up" in one of your local fish stores soon. :)

Of course, it might help that I mentioned that I felt it was odd that Phoenix is now the fifth largest city in the country and none of the fish stores in town carried it. They may have realized they were missing out on a pretty substantial market! :twisted:

Philly still has the best food
Actually Houston has the best food. It's helps us keep our ranking as the "Fattest City in America" Two years in a row now! WooHoo!

MT79 said:
Philly still has the best food :D

I'll give ya that... nothing beats an authentic Philly cheesesteak! A family from Philly runs a great sandwich shop nearby--by far the best around.

But give me the Arizona winters anytime. 8)

wow... you sorta side tracked a bit, good is better than fat! lol :D

Back
Top Bottom