the 46 gallon bow is at my wal-mart now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
christerrell2k3 said:
well went and saw the 75 gallon... what a piece of crap... it had no hood... wrong light fixtures.. and the worst of all it was a nastiest looking filter i have ever seen... dried up algea that was prolly atleast a couple years old... ah the terror. Well im off to check out a 55gal with everything including some Danios. So, just waiting back on their call...

Terror indeed... I have found some very scary things indeed whilst checking out used tanks.

VERY scary. BLEAGH!!!!

hehe

Good luck with finding a tank... :)

You'd think she'd take a few minutes to clean it out if she really wanted to sell it!! Jeez. I an aquarium I was interested was crusty and gross, I would offer a very low sum and buy it for no more...

well went to wal-mart... there out of the 46..... so im off to buy one of those 55 gallon combos from Petsmart.... whats everyone opionions on those?

Don't buy them.

Go buy a 55 by itself. Go buy at minimum a Penguin 330, preferably an Emperor 400. Buy a good 200 watt heater.

Buy the parts yourself. The 55 starter will get the job done, but its low quality components, cheap cheap cheap is their key selling point.

Spend an extra $25-50 for better equipment. The fish will appreciate.

If its just the 55 with light and hood, sure. But don't grab those kits with filters and heaters and all that crap.

alrighty.... went ahead and got the kit.. i know i know, but i also bought another 29 while i was out... and my ebay bought emp. 400 should be here soon!

I got the same 55g set from petsmart chris; ive had no probs at all with it, although I did change the lighting so i could have some plants.

holy carp man... these tanks looks 10x bigger when you bring them home.
just put the sand in and have been waiting around for about an hour to settle... cant wait for the dempsey to see his new turf... im alittle more excited though, mainly cause he doesnt know hes getting a home that huge!

LOL dont they tho? Shoulda seen us trying to take it home in my 2 door Honda Civic Coupe LOL

Yeah. You should have seen me getting my 55 and stand from the main door of my apt. building (where the *** cab driver left me even though I tipped him royally) to the tiny elevator and up to the 4th floor, and out of the elevator and through the door--don't drop it, don't let the door slam--and onto the stand all by myself! It really did look huge then. I was in *shock and awe.*

A new big tank--that's an exciting day!

Yep, Madasa, that sounds like me. I am 5' tall so I just stand inside the tank and lift it from inside, and try not to bump into anything. Then I get it set up and my husband comes home and wants to know who helped me move it..... um, nobody.. :roll: If it is something other than a tank, it is too heavy for me, but there is no tank too heavy for this Tank Girl!

Okay, hubby is gone for a few hours, off I go to Walmart...

Good on ya! But it's a steep price to pay if you do drop it/misallign it on the stand for just long enough. *Crash* lots of $$$$ down the drain. Anybody risks that when moving a big tank. 8O

Hehe. The 55 had a picture of 2 ppl on the front--"This tank should be moved by at least 2 persons." I certainly didn't follow that advice. I tried calling up a friend to help me, but was too impatient to wait the hour for him to arrive. It all worked out fine in the end!

madasafish said:
Hehe. The 55 had a picture of 2 ppl on the front--"This tank should be moved by at least 2 persons." I certainly didn't follow that advice. I tried calling up a friend to help me, but was too impatient to wait the hour for him to arrive. It all worked out fine in the end!

when i bought my 70 gal i couldnt wait for some one else either, lol and lugged in my self too.

I don't think I would move my 55 by myself, because it is almost as long as I am tall! :wink: but the one I moved was a 44, which is only 3' long. There is no question that I take risks because I have no patience and I am absolutely determined to do what I need to do, help or no help! Not necessarily a virtue! Kids, don't try this at home.

Heh. There was no way I was gonna carry the tank, much less the stand up 3 flights of steps all by my lonesome; thank god the hubby was there to help.

Best part tho, was driving it home. As I said, I've a 2 door Civic coupe. We JUST managed to get the tank in the trunk; it was so long we had to put down the passengers seat for it to fit. So I rode back with my butt on the edge of the folded down back seat and my head hanging out the window cause I had nowhere else to sit LOL

Back
Top Bottom