Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The 55 joint production is going big screen

The 55 tanganyikan joint production is moving!

They got lucky on craigslist these past few weeks and managed to score a 125. They are going to be moving into some new digs tonight.

The 55 is about to become a S.American tank.

Whoo hoo!

Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice. Lucky!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Woooot! Thats awesome! Can't wait to see how the tank looks. Any plans for new fish additions to the group?

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man, I can't wait. When are you going to open up your place for tours? You can charge admission and do a behind the scenes tour. You know, where you open the cabinet and say, "That's a canister filter. That concludes our tour for today."
Old 09-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very sweet. I have been dieing to make a Tanganyikan tank for ages, but don't have the space or the spare tank right now. I'm so jealous. You will post pics right? Right?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yep. Pics are in the plans. But keep in mind, this one is staying closer to a true biotope than the mbuna planted. Sure, of course, it can't be an MCD/T.S. tank without plants, but there won't be as many. It's more about the fish and the hardscape, baby.

Right now, the stock is:

Neolamp. Birchardi sp. "Redspot" (Sarah's Cichlids) F1
Neolamp. Birchardi sp. "Sinatra Blue Eye" F?
Altolamp. Calvus sp. "Snow White" F?
Tropheus Moorii sp. Lupota "Cut Throat" (Sarah's Cichlids) F1
Lamprolog. Leleupi sp. "Yellow" F1/2 mixed breeders (2 seperate breeders)
Julidochromis Transcriptus Wild Caught
Rineloricaria fallax - Spoonface Whiptail
Macrognathus siamensis - Spiny Peacock Eel (Will be staying in the 55)
Pictus Catfish (Spotted) - Going to go bye bye
Albino BN Plecos sp. "Super Orange"
Various aselone spixi, MTS and apple snails

Plants:
Various low light loving crypts, anubias, crinum, possibly sagittarius or something else long and stringy

Plans:

Synodontis multipunctatus
Eretmodus or Spathymodus
Cyprochromis Leptosoma

Not sure what else =).
Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am just about exhausted. Tank is painted (1 can of opalescent sheen, 5 cans of krylon navy blue). 1 bag of sand in. 1 100lb bag to go. Tank is 90% full of water.

Fish transfer is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Here is the final pic of the 55, taken this morning...

Tags
cree

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com