The (Almost) Complete Guide to Fresh Food for Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope maybe this

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Working on a recipe for homemade fish food. Currently it's shredded carrot, frozen brine shrimp, boiled egg yolk, frozen bloodworms, flake, and packaged algae. Mix it in the following ratio-
1 part carrot
3 parts frozen brine shrimp
1 part boiled egg yolk
2 parts frozen bloodworms
2 parts omega one flake (or whatever your preferred is)
3 parts frozen or packaged algae
Defrost anything frozen. Mix in a bowl, mash all items together. Add 1 part water. Mix until it is very mushy. Place in ice cube trays (normally the brine shrimp and worms come in mini ice cube trays) and freeze. It's high protein, pretty low in bad fats and such. My fish go nuts for it and their color is incredible. It could even work for egg layer fry because the mash is very fine and particulate, which is why you need to freeze it so they can eat it in chunks. I have 17 rummynose tetras, 3 GBR, guppies, and five cories and they eat 1-2 cubes per meal. I feed it twice daily due to the high protein content in the eggs. You can lower the egg amount for more clarity in the water, I have enough snails to munch it up. I do have to do bigger water changes to avoid ammonia spikes but I did nightly ones anyways.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom